CENTRAL ALABAMA (WIAT) — Certain areas throughout Central Alabama are under flood warnings as more rain sweeps through the area.
Moundville, Alabaster, and Birmingham are just some of the cities that have experienced heavy flooding due to heavy rainfall in Central Alabama.
Safely share your weather-related videos and photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the courtesy information for a chance to see them on air and online.
CBS 42 crews were live with weather coverage Monday afternoon. Multiple roads in Shelby County were closed. CBS 42 Reporter Michael Clark was in Alabaster where neighbors’ yards were flooded from heavy rain.
And CBS 42 Reporter Malique Rankin reported from Pelham where multiple roads were flooded and cars were driving carefully through the flooded streets.
The Moundville community was up to their waistline with flooded water. CBS 42 Reporter Tim Reid spoke with city officials who say dozens of Hale County residents are trapped in their homes in the Riverview Beach Road community of Moundville as a result of Monday’s flooding.
Stick with CBS 42 as we continue to bring updated weather coverage.
- Large house fire underway, Brighton Fire Department working to extinguish flames
- Central AL Forecast: Slightly warmer, still cool to wrap up the month
- As coronavirus spreads, surgical masks run short throughout Birmingham
- Bart Starr Jr. speaks up for death row inmate facing execution
- Relatives sue Alabama prisons over 4 inmate suicides