ENID, OK (WIAT & CNN) Two Airmen were killed in what authorities are calling an “aircraft mishap” at Vance Air Force Base in Enid, officials confirm.
Two Air Force T-38 Talons there were involved in the mishap at about 9:10 a.m. officials with the Air Force base said.
At the time of the mishap, the aircraft was performing a routine training mission at the Vance Air Force Base in Oklahoma. Authorities say there were two people on board each aircraft when the mishap happened, officials said.
WATCH: BREAKING: TWO VANCE AIR FORCE BASE AIRMEN KILLED IN ‘AIRCRAFT MISHAP’
WATCH: PRESS CONFERENCE
Vance emergency response personnel are on the scene to respond to casualties and assist in recovery efforts.
The nature of what the air force is calling a ‘mishap’ has not been explained at this time.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Thousands of Alabamians remain without power from Hurricane Zeta
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- How masks have become a communication barrier for the deaf community
- NHL’s Coyotes dismiss draft pick who bullied Black classmate
- Despite record turnout, Dems worried about voter suppression