MONTEVALLO, Ala. (WIAT) — We now have more information regarding a deadly shooting near Montevallo that took place mid-November. According to court documents, suspect Derious Garner has been charged with attempted murder, reckless attempted murder with a gun and two counts of second degree “receiving stolen property.” He is held on a $1.01 million bond at the Shelby County Jail.
According to court documents, back in November 25, Garner was involved in an argument with victim Derius Marquis Fields. The argument escalated, resulting in Garner shooting Fields with a pistol, killing him.
The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office believes there is no further danger to the public, although the investigation into the shooting is still active.
- Former Secret Service agent says security agencies will be well prepared for Biden’s inauguration
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob escorts Kamala Harris at Inauguration
- Biden inauguration: Trump arrives home in Florida, presidency ending
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author