Students retrieve belongings after school shooting

Top Stories

This undated photo provided by the Muehlberger family shows Gracie Anne Muehlberger, 15. She is one of two students who died when Nathaniel Tennosuke Berhow opened fire at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, Calif., Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019. Berhow, 16, planned the attack at the Southern California high school, but investigators were so far unable to find out why he brought a gun to campus and opened fire, authorities said Friday. (Muehlberger family via AP)

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (AP) — The Latest on the shooting at a Southern California high school in which two students were killed (all times local):

11:45 a.m.

Students are being allowed to retrieve their belongings at a Southern California school where a teen shot five classmates, killing two.

Classes at Saugus High in Santa Clarita are canceled until Dec. 2. Students were escorted on Tuesday to pick up books, backpacks and other items left behind after gunfire erupted last Thursday.

School administrators have scheduled counseling sessions this week to help students and staff deal with the trauma.

Investigators still don’t know why Nathaniel Berhow opened fire in a campus quad and then shot himself in the head. The 16-year-old died at a hospital Friday.

WATCH: DEADLY SAUGUS HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING INVESTIGATION UPDATE

DEADLY SAUGUS HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING INVESTIGATION UPDATE

DEADLY SAUGUS HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING INVESTIGATION UPDATE | LA Co. Sheriff gives an update regarding the Deadly Saugus High School shooting investigation. Investigators are working to figure out why a boy on his 16th birthday opened fire at a Southern California High school, killing 2 students, and injured others before turning the gun on himself.DETAILS:http://bit.ly/2Kp0RbJ

Posted by CBS 42 on Friday, November 15, 2019

___

7:30 a.m.

The last hospitalized victim of a Southern California school shooting that left three students dead and three others wounded has gone home.

Providence Holy Cross Medical Center spokeswoman Pat Aidem says the 15-year-old girl left the hospital late Monday.

Detectives are searching for a motive for the killings carried out last Thursday by Nathaniel Tennosuke Berhow at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita. The teen shot himself and later died. Authorities say Berhow didn’t appear to be linked to any ideology.

A wounded 14-year-old girl was released from the hospital Friday. A 14-year-old boy was treated and released Thursday.

The dead were identified as 15-year-old Gracie Anne Muehlberger and 14-year-old Dominic Blackwell.

Thousands of people attended a candlelight vigil for the victims at a city park Sunday night.

WATCH: DEADLY HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING HOSPITAL PRESS CONFERENCE

DEADLY HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING HOSPITAL PRESS CONFERENCE

DEADLY HIGH SCHOOL SHOOTING HOSPITAL PRESS CONFERENCE: Providence Holy Cross Hospital in California holds a press conference with an update on the conditions of two Saugus High School shooting victims being treated at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center DETAILS: http://bit.ly/2rPDOAn

Posted by CBS 42 on Friday, November 15, 2019

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

CBS 42 Community Events

More CBS 42 Community Events