HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — On Sunday, protesters lined up on Highway 31 in Hoover following the national call of justice for George Floyd.
This comes after Saturday night’s protests, where protesters lined the same street and Hoover City Hall with signs that read “Black Lives Matter” and “I can’t breathe.”
In Tuscaloosa, protesters also rallied for justice for Floyd.
Sunday evening, protesters stormed Linn Park around the confederate monument. Mayor Randall Woodfin addressed protesters in Downtown Birmingham to stand down after taking down the Charles Linn Statue, saying “allow me to finish the job for you.”
- Employee at Alabama Veteran’s Home says ‘hero pay’ to workers stopped
- Virginia rocket launch may be visible for most of East Coast and as far west as Ohio
- President Trump now says he supports DACA, wants to make it law
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized for possible infection
- JeffCo. detectives need assistance identifying suspect in CVS attempted robbery