BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — A police officer has been placed on administrative leave in connection to an officer-involved shooting in Gardendale Wednesday night.
Bessemer Police Officer Stanley Raheem Thomas, 26, a patrolman, was off-duty when the shooting happened, Bessemer Police Chief Mike Roper confirms.
Gardendale Police have obtained warrants to arrest Thomas for obstructing a governmental operation and resisting arrest. He will be booked into jail on a $500 bond for the former charge and a $1,000 for the latter.
An investigation is ongoing.
- New Woodlawn Theatre project designed to entertain and educate
- Newsfeed Now for December 5: Pelosi calls for impeachment; Rifle found in baby shower gift
- Walker County Sheriff’s Office holds press conference on latest in search for missing man
- C SPIRE, Mayor Woodfin make major fiber-optic broadband expansion announcement
- House Speaker Pelosi rebukes reporter: ‘Don’t mess with me’