TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A group has met and surpassed their goal to bring the “Baby Trump” balloon that lampoons the president to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game this Saturday.
This comes after President Trump confirmed he will be at the game Wednesday at a rally in Monroe, La.
The goal to bring the float costs $4,000 and includes transportation, set up, anchors and staffing. As of 3 p.m. Thursday, the group raised over $6,500.
The balloon is currently in New Jersey and is set to be shipped sometime Friday, according to the group. No word yet on when or where the balloon will be inflated in Tuscaloosa.
The game is set to kick off at 2:30 p.m. right here on CBS 42.
- Local law enforcement and community members call community to action following continuous reign of gun violence
- Watch: Jet forced to make emergency landing after losing part of wing in air
- New study finds plants ‘scream’ when stressed or injured, raising questions about communication
- 52 years after capture, orca Lolita may return to her mother in the Pacific
- Dangerous storms and tornadoes forecast for the Midwest and South