TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A group has met and surpassed their goal to bring the “Baby Trump” balloon that lampoons the president to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game this Saturday.
The goal to bring the float costs $4,000 and includes transportation, set up, anchors and staffing. As of 3 p.m. Thursday, the group raised over $6,500.
The balloon is currently in New Jersey and is set to be shipped sometime Friday, according to the group. No word yet on when or where the balloon will be inflated in Tuscaloosa.
The game is set to kick off at 2:30 p.m. right here on CBS 42.
- More than 5,000 students not showing up to classes this school year
- Biden introduces national security team as official transition begins
- $100B year propels Elon Musk past Bill Gates to become the world’s second wealthiest person
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- UAB women’s basketball cancels game vs Tennessee Tech due to COVID-19