TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A group has met and surpassed their goal to bring the “Baby Trump” balloon that lampoons the president to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game this Saturday.
The goal to bring the float costs $4,000 and includes transportation, set up, anchors and staffing. As of 3 p.m. Thursday, the group raised over $6,500.
The balloon is currently in New Jersey and is set to be shipped sometime Friday, according to the group. No word yet on when or where the balloon will be inflated in Tuscaloosa.
The game is set to kick off at 2:30 p.m. right here on CBS 42.
- Quiet and pleasant weather for the next two days. Rain returns Thursday with a cold front
- Bush Hills man battling city hall over flooding frustrations from storm drain
- Heavy rains cause pumpkin shortage at Old Baker Farm
- Alabama small business owner still without state tax refund months later
- Early morning fire leaves 1 man dead in Alpine