UPDATE (4:07 p.m.) — Officers with the Tuscaloosa Police Department arrested a man after he allegedly stabbed the “Baby Trump” inflatable.
UPDATE (2:06 p.m.) — President Donald Trump has landed at Tuscaloosa National Airport and is making his way to Bryant Denny Stadium for the Alabama-LSU game.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Ahead of President Donald Trump’s arrival in Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game, a likeness of him that has been used to protest his administration has already come to town.
“Baby Trump,” a 20-foot inflatable caricature of Trump that depicts him as a baby, made its arrival in town Saturday morning. As of noon Saturday, “Baby Trump” is stationed at Monnish Park at the corner of 15th Street and Hackberry Lane.
The inflatable is set up about 4 miles away from where Trump will be landing at Tuscaloosa National Airport and one mile from Bryant-Denny Stadium.
The inflatable has been used by protesters and has been seen around the world the last couple of years where Trump has been, including London, Los Angeles and Buenos Aires.
The Alabama-LSU game kicks off at 2:30 p.m.
- Andrea Bocelli to perform live from Italy’s empty Duomo cathedral on Easter
- Texas father asks daughter to makeshift prom
- COVID-19 Pandemic: New York City records more deaths from virus than 9/11; U.S. has over 378K cases, over 11K coronavirus-related deaths
- US coronavirus death toll tops 11,000
- Ghost Train Brewing Co. providing curbside hand sanitizer