UPDATE (4:07 p.m.) — Officers with the Tuscaloosa Police Department arrested a man after he allegedly stabbed the “Baby Trump” inflatable.
UPDATE (2:06 p.m.) — President Donald Trump has landed at Tuscaloosa National Airport and is making his way to Bryant Denny Stadium for the Alabama-LSU game.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Ahead of President Donald Trump’s arrival in Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game, a likeness of him that has been used to protest his administration has already come to town.
“Baby Trump,” a 20-foot inflatable caricature of Trump that depicts him as a baby, made its arrival in town Saturday morning. As of noon Saturday, “Baby Trump” is stationed at Monnish Park at the corner of 15th Street and Hackberry Lane.
The inflatable is set up about 4 miles away from where Trump will be landing at Tuscaloosa National Airport and one mile from Bryant-Denny Stadium.
The inflatable has been used by protesters and has been seen around the world the last couple of years where Trump has been, including London, Los Angeles and Buenos Aires.
The Alabama-LSU game kicks off at 2:30 p.m.
- Conservative talk show host Phil Valentine hospitalized with COVID; family urges others to get vaccinated
- With rising cases, experts in Alabama urge healthcare workers to get vaccinated
- Bring the pain: Olympic swimming begins with grueling 400 IM
- Surging coronavirus cases in Tuscaloosa cause concern about large concert crowds
- Snow leopard at San Diego Zoo suspected positive for COVID-19