UPDATE (4:07 p.m.) — Officers with the Tuscaloosa Police Department arrested a man after he allegedly stabbed the “Baby Trump” inflatable.
UPDATE (2:06 p.m.) — President Donald Trump has landed at Tuscaloosa National Airport and is making his way to Bryant Denny Stadium for the Alabama-LSU game.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Ahead of President Donald Trump’s arrival in Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU game, a likeness of him that has been used to protest his administration has already come to town.
“Baby Trump,” a 20-foot inflatable caricature of Trump that depicts him as a baby, made its arrival in town Saturday morning. As of noon Saturday, “Baby Trump” is stationed at Monnish Park at the corner of 15th Street and Hackberry Lane.
The inflatable is set up about 4 miles away from where Trump will be landing at Tuscaloosa National Airport and one mile from Bryant-Denny Stadium.
The inflatable has been used by protesters and has been seen around the world the last couple of years where Trump has been, including London, Los Angeles and Buenos Aires.
The Alabama-LSU game kicks off at 2:30 p.m.
- San Francisco debates letting police deploy robots that kill
- Scientists ask for delay on calling fentanyl ‘Schedule 1’ drug: Here’s why
- Here are the 12 Senate Republicans who helped pass same-sex marriage bill
- ESPN analyst Cole Cubelic reacts to hiring of Hugh Freeze
- Energy Department’s head of spent nuclear fuel on leave after alleged felony theft at airport