BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Saturday game against the University of North Texas has been postponed due to COVID-19 concerns.
The game was scheduled to be played at Legion Field at 2 p.m.
This comes off the heels of both Alabama and Auburn postponing games this weekend due to the virus.
“Although it is disappointing we cannot play this weekend, the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans is the most important factor in our decision,” said Director of Athletics Mark Ingram. “These are unprecedented times and we appreciate the patience of our fan base as we navigate this situation together.”
No other information has been released at this time. A rescheduled date has yet to be set.
- BPD: Heavy police presence in Gate City community after shots fired
- Ozark veterinarian charged with 2 counts of animal cruelty
- Mobile church: ‘Black Lives Matter’ banners to stay despite thieves
- Boaz hospital begins $61M expansion, including new beds
- Andrew: Philip’s death has left ‘huge void’ in queen’s life