BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama at Birmingham football team is set to take on the University of Miami in South Beach Thursday night.
The Blazers (1-0) are coming off a win against Central Arkansas last week. UAB totaled 233 yards on the ground and scored 17 unanswered points to start the second half in the game.
This will be the Hurricane’s first game of the season. A win for UAB would be the school’s first win over a Power 5 team since 2004.
The game will kickoff at Hard Rock Stadium at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on the ACC Network.
- WATCH: Ellen DeGeneres makes on-air apology, vows a ‘new chapter’
- Bank shares tumble after reports of rampant money laundering
- Alabama Archives faces its legacy as Confederate ‘attic’
- Newsfeed Now: Tracking Beta; Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- SUV driver leaves crash scene, gets into second crash and dies, police say