BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UAB has its new new basketball coach.
On Monday, the Blazers held a press conference to introduce Andy Kennedy as the seventh head coach of the UAB men’s basketball team in the school’s history.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, media and fans were unable to attend the press conference in person. Kennedy addressed the unprecedented situation in his opening statement.
“We are living in unusual times, hence a press conference with no people. But I want to give my heartfelt sentiments to all that have been directly affected in an adverse way during this troubling and confusing time. But I know that Birmingham in strong, I know the UAB community is strong, I know the state of Alabama is strong. Together, this too, we shall overcome,” Kennedy said.
- Dr. Michael Sagg sits down with Art Franklin to discuss Alabama’s vaccination rates
- Abortion ‘restrictions, bans make safe procedure unsafe’
- Chelsea takes steps to create independent school system
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers pushes Brandon Act, which would improve access to mental health services for military
- Rainbow City man arrested for possessing child porn