BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — UAB has its new new basketball coach.
On Monday, the Blazers held a press conference to introduce Andy Kennedy as the seventh head coach of the UAB men’s basketball team in the school’s history.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, media and fans were unable to attend the press conference in person. Kennedy addressed the unprecedented situation in his opening statement.
“We are living in unusual times, hence a press conference with no people. But I want to give my heartfelt sentiments to all that have been directly affected in an adverse way during this troubling and confusing time. But I know that Birmingham in strong, I know the UAB community is strong, I know the state of Alabama is strong. Together, this too, we shall overcome,” Kennedy said.
- BREAKING: 1 officer shot, taken to hospital; chief confirms
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate from North Alabama
- 7 ADOC employees test positive for COVID-19 in latest update
- Hale County courthouse closed after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020