BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The University of Alabama at Birmingham has canceled their Nov. 20 game against the University of Texas-El Paso due to COVID-19 concerns.
UAB (4-3) already postponed their game Saturday versus North Texas due to positive tests of the virus.
The game against UTEP was moved to a new location after an outbreak of coronavirus was found in El Paso.
UAB says there is still a possibility of rescheduling the game but no official announcement has been made.
As of now, the next Blazers game is set for Nov. 27 at Legion Field versus Southern Mississippi.
- BPD: Heavy police presence in Gate City community after shots fired
- Ozark veterinarian charged with 2 counts of animal cruelty
- Mobile church: ‘Black Lives Matter’ banners to stay despite thieves
- Boaz hospital begins $61M expansion, including new beds
- Andrew: Philip’s death has left ‘huge void’ in queen’s life