BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — The UAB football team and Georgia State will play each other four-consecutive seasons starting in 2027, the two universities announced on Tuesday.
The Panthers will host the Blazers in 2027 and 2029, while UAB welcomes GSU to Birmingham in 2028 and 2030.
Game 1: Sept. 18, 2027 – at Georgia State
Game 2: Sept. 16, 2028 – at UAB
Game 3: Sept. 22, 2029 – at Georgia State
Game 4: Sept. 21, 2030 – at UAB
Separated by just two hours down I-20, the initial game in Atlanta will be the first meeting between the two schools. UAB is 14-12 all-time against Sun Belt opponents, and has three other Sun Belt schools on the non-conference schedule prior to playing Georgia State (South Alabama, Georgia Southern, Louisiana).
UAB returns 18 starters to a team that finished 9-5 last year and won the second most games in school history. Since returning to action in 2017, the Blazers are the winningest team in Conference USA with 28 victories, including back-to-back C-USA West Division titles and being crowned 2018 Conference USA Champions.
- North Birmingham coke plant violating air regulations as superfund cleanup continues
- COVID killed five siblings. Now their baby brother fights to save the family farm
- Suspect in Louisiana allegedly drives by school bus, almost hits child, gets arrested again within days
- Juror in HPD Officer William Darby’s murder trial gives firsthand account of the case, the evidence, and the reaction
- Suspect in killing of Yale grad student arrested in Alabama