BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa had quite the surprise for his mom on Mother’s Day.
The former Alabama All-American gave his mother, Diane Tagovailoa, a Cadillac Escalade Sunday. Tua shared the gift presentation on Instagram Sunday night.
Tagovailoa was the fifth player selected in the first round of the NFL Draft and is in line for a four-year, $ 30 million-plus contract that includes a $19.6 million signing bonus.
The quarterback is already a fan favorite in the NFL. The former Crimson Tide quarterback announced he’ll be wearing number 1 in Miami and since then, his jersey sales have taken off.
Right now, Tagovailoa holds both the top-selling NFL jerseys for this white and aqua marine jerseys, ranking above Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski’s new Tampa Bay Buccaneers jerseys.
- Family calls for justice after 66-year-old shot, killed in crossfire shooting
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- 84-year-old man taking photos of boys outside Missouri grade school charged with child porn
- Tuscaloosa bars hope to cash in on Alabama’s first game of the season
- US Senate candidates clash over Supreme Court nomination ahead of election