Willie McGinest’s time at the NFL Network reportedly came to an end Thursday after the company parted ways with the analyst and former Patriots star amid an ongoing lawsuit stemming from his December arrest in Los Angeles.

Front Office Sports was the first to report the news.

The news of McGinest’s departure comes nearly a month after the three-time Super Bowl champion was charged with two counts of felony assault following an incident at a West Hollywood nightclub on Dec. 9. McGinest, 51, has not appeared on-air since he was suspended following his arrest on Dec. 19, and currently faces charges of assault with a deadly weapon and assault by means of force likely to cause great bodily injury.

McGinest’s arraignment hearing is scheduled for April, though the date is unknown at this time.

In a video of the incident obtained by TMZ, McGinest is shown getting into an altercation with a man inside the club, which led to the NFL player assaulting the patron along with a group of people. At one point, McGinest is seen using a bottle to strike the man during the attack. Shortly after his arrest, McGinest was released after posting a $30,000 bond and subsequently released a statement showing remorse and apologizing for his actions.

“This incident has prompted me to deep self-reflection—mind, soul, and spirit. I know that violence is never the answer to such situations, no matter how intense the provocation,” the statement read, in part. “Rest assured, I will take whatever steps necessary to restore the public trust, mend damaged relationships, and ensure this never happens again.

“To my family, community, friends, and youth I mentor, please know I feel horrible for my actions and take full responsibility.”

A 15-year NFL veteran and former first-round pick, McGinest played 12 seasons with the Patriots from 1994 to 2005 before finishing his career with three years on the Browns. The two-time Pro Bowler retired in ’08 and joined NFL Network as an analyst shortly thereafter.