BIRMINGHAM, AL. (WIAT) — Alabama football enters the 2020 season with high expectations once again but maybe for the first time in a while, there’s a little uncertainty surrounding the Crimson Tide. That’s because their superstar quarterback is now playing professional football in Miami.
Tua Tagovailoa’s decision to enter the NFL wasn’t a surprise to anyone. Even with him out of the picture, there’s a lot to be optimistic about in 2020.
The Tide returns a loaded offense and some young guys with plenty of potential on defense. In fact, most experts are already picking Alabama to win the SEC over teams like LSU, Auburn and Georgia.
In Episode 1 of CBS 42 Sports’ “SEC Summer Series,” Sports Director Chris Breece talks Alabama football with AL.com’s Alabama/SEC reporter Matt Zenitz.
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate from North Alabama
- 7 ADOC employees test positive for COVID-19 in latest update
- Hale County courthouse closed after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- 2 teens arrested in attempted burglary of gun store