BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — The Southeastern Conference has fined Mississippi coach Lane Kiffin $25,000 for his complaints about officiating on social media.
The league announced the fine on Monday, but also said the replay official should have stopped play to review the call after Mississippi’s fourth-quarter kickoff appeared to have touched the right hand of Shaun Shivers. The Rebels recovered in the end zone but the on-field call was that Shivers didn’t touch it and play wasn’t halted for a review.
Kiffin retweeted one social media post calling the officiating “a disgrace.”
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol
- Popeyes partnering with Uber to deliver Thanksgiving ‘churkey’
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse
- Drivers urged to slow down and move over for emergency vehicles during holiday travel