BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Legendary NASCAR team owner Richard Childress is helping others during the coronavirus pandemic in a special way. He’s auctioning off items from his personal racing collection to aid relief efforts.
CBS 42’s Conan Gasque spoke with Childress about the items he’s parting ways with, including a one-of-a-kind prototype of a brushed No. 3 Dale Earnhardt car.
“It wasn’t a tough call, after all, when I understand where the money’s going and how it will touch different folk’s lives,” said Childress.
WATCH for the full interview.
- Commission to mute microphones in next presidential debate
- Trial of stepmother accused of killing stepdaughter begins today
- Walmart’s ad scans released ahead of Black Friday events
- Listen: President Trump calls Fauci a ‘disaster’ and seeks to reassure his team he can win
- Need a break from the pandemic? There’s a snow park coming to Florida