BIRMINGHAM, Ala (WIAT)– Where were you when you heard the news Kobe Bryant was gone? Birmingham radio personality and DJ, Chris Coleman, decked out in his Lakers fan gear Monday and centered his show around the loss of the basketball legend.
Coleman says he has been a Lakers fan since he was six-years-old.
“The death of Kobe Bryant was shocking,” Coleman said in an interview before his radio show went live.
Starting at 4:00 p.m., the phone lines opened for people across Birmingham to call in and share their thoughts and condolences.
Several listeners called in to share what Bryant meant to them.
Watch the Facebook Live above to see more from Coleman’s show on V 94.9.
- Exclusive poll shows Joe Biden with double-digit lead in S.C. ahead of primary
- Lawmakers divided over Pence being chosen to lead federal coronavirus response
- Mother of three still missing, family grows more concerned
- Second person charged in Fort Valley State student’s murder
- DeVos cites flexibility as Dems slam education block grants