JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — Jacksonville State University Head Coach John Grass says he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Grass made the announcement in a statement released by the university.
The head coach says he will remain involved in the team remotely as the team gets set to take on North Alabama on Saturday. Assistant Coach Jimmy Ogle is overseeing the team during Grass’ absence.
This comes a day after Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban and Athletic Director Greg Byrne tested positive for the virus.
Grass ended his statement by saying the team is in “good hands” until he is cleared to return.
- ‘Pandemic in a pandemic’: New push in Congress aims to prevent health care worker suicides as COVID rages on
- Race to raise US debt limit: Republicans say Democrats are on their own
- $10,000 worth of meth found on two Dothan suspects, charged with trafficking
- Children’s of Alabama sees impact of low vaccination rates, few mask requirements
- Birmingham woman charged with capital murder after man found unresponsive in own apartment