JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (WIAT) — Jacksonville State University Head Coach John Grass says he has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Grass made the announcement in a statement released by the university.
The head coach says he will remain involved in the team remotely as the team gets set to take on North Alabama on Saturday. Assistant Coach Jimmy Ogle is overseeing the team during Grass’ absence.
This comes a day after Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban and Athletic Director Greg Byrne tested positive for the virus.
Grass ended his statement by saying the team is in “good hands” until he is cleared to return.
- WATCH LIVE: Birmingham announces free service to assist residents with financial issues from COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Aunt mourns 14-year-old boy with Asperger’s beaten to death in Tennessee home
- Alabama Senate candidates talk policy, opponents in exclusive raw interviews
- As US hits highest 7-day average for virus cases, these states are hardest hit