MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The Reese’s Senior Bowl presented former Crimson Tide quarterback, current Oklahoma QB Jalen Hurts with a helmet that represents both teams.
Executive Director of the Reese’s Senior Bowl Jim Nagy presented the helmet to Hurts, addressing the elephant in the room: which helmet would Hurts be wearing during the game?
The helmet features the Oklahoma logo on one side and Hurts’ former Alabama number on the other. Hurts was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy this past season, losing out to LSU’s Joe Burrow.
Nagy said a second helmet was made for Hurts to sign and be auctioned off, with proceeds going to Special Spectators, a non-profit organization that gives VIP game access to terminally ill children and their families.
The Reese’s Senior Bowl will be played Jan. 25 in Mobile.
- Central AL Forecast: Cooler & Quiet as Fall Begins on Tuesday
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving