NORMAN, Okla. (WIAT) — While Alabama fans may miss former quarterback Jalen Hurts, his new team and conference are happy to have him there now.
Hurts was named the Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year Wednesday after leading the Oklahoma Sooners to a berth in the conference championship game Saturday.
The former Crimson Tide quarterback led the Sooners in both passing yards (3,347) and rushing yards (1,217). Hurts also accounted for 50 total touchdowns in 2019.
Hurts had previously been apart of three Alabama teams that made it to the National Championship game, winning one in 2017.
He now has a chance to add even more numbers to his stats as he takes on the Baylor Bears for the Big 12 Championship Dec. 7 at 11 a.m.
- 5 indicted in fatal shooting of Ramsay High senior
- Florida man arrested after harassing families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims
- ‘No place like Miami’: Super Bowl returns to South Florida for 11th time
- Lawmakers looking to keep Trump from expanding travel ban
- NFL writer John Clayton predicts Mahomes will propel Chiefs to Super Bowl win