BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A football game scheduled Friday evening between two Central Alabama high school teams has been cancelled due to a player’s positive coronavirus diagnosis.
Clay-Chalkville Principal Michael Lee confirmed the game cancellation in a tweet early Friday morning.
Birmingham City Schools Superintendent Dr. Mark Sullivan released the following statement:
Out of an abundance of caution, the Jackson Olin vs. Clay- Chalkville football game scheduled for tonight (Oct. 2) at Clay-Chalkville has been cancelled. A member of the Jackson-Olin team tested positive for COVID19.
Stay with CBS 42 for the latest on high school football.
- “Legally Blonde 3” pushed to 2022
- Central AL Forecast: Rain subsiding, cloudy tomorrow; Tropical Storm Zeta Forms
- Tuscaloosa County voters head to the polls for absentee voting Saturday
- AMBER Alert canceled: Victims found safe, suspect in custody in Kansas
- Biden campaign launches ‘TrumpCovidPlan.com’ — a site that reads ‘Not Found’