BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A football game scheduled Friday evening between two Central Alabama high school teams has been cancelled due to a player’s positive coronavirus diagnosis.
Clay-Chalkville Principal Michael Lee confirmed the game cancellation in a tweet early Friday morning.
Birmingham City Schools Superintendent Dr. Mark Sullivan released the following statement:
Out of an abundance of caution, the Jackson Olin vs. Clay- Chalkville football game scheduled for tonight (Oct. 2) at Clay-Chalkville has been cancelled. A member of the Jackson-Olin team tested positive for COVID19.
Stay with CBS 42 for the latest on high school football.
- Birmingham first responders explain importance of COVID-19 vaccine
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- 43-year-old’s dying words: ‘I never thought that I would be considered nonessential’
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center