BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Former Auburn quarterback Joey Gatewood is leaving the Tigers but staying in the SEC. Gatewood posted on Twitter today that he is transferring to the University of Kentucky.
Gatewood, who transferred from Auburn back in October, appeared in seven games this season, rushing for 148 yards and three touchdowns. He threw just seven passes this season.
Gatewood lost the starting job to freshman Bo Nix before the season began. Gatewood appeared in limited action through the first eight games of the season before departing following the LSU game Oct. 26.
- Suspect accused of shooting GA deputy captured in Alabama
- BREAKING: 20 people shot at outdoor gathering in Southeast D.C.
- For pandemic jobless, the only real certainty is uncertainty
- Update: Tuscaloosa man shot and killed wife
- Kodak announces ‘special committee’ to review recent conduct