BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Former Auburn quarterback Joey Gatewood is leaving the Tigers but staying in the SEC. Gatewood posted on Twitter today that he is transferring to the University of Kentucky.
Gatewood, who transferred from Auburn back in October, appeared in seven games this season, rushing for 148 yards and three touchdowns. He threw just seven passes this season.
Gatewood lost the starting job to freshman Bo Nix before the season began. Gatewood appeared in limited action through the first eight games of the season before departing following the LSU game Oct. 26.
- How to help victims of Fultondale tornado
- Federal agents search home of Falkville man arrested during Capitol riot
- AIR 42 drone footage of Fultondale neighborhood shows tornado’s devastating aftermath
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- World surpasses 100M confirmed COVID-19 cases