BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Former Auburn quarterback Joey Gatewood is leaving the Tigers but staying in the SEC. Gatewood posted on Twitter today that he is transferring to the University of Kentucky.
Gatewood, who transferred from Auburn back in October, appeared in seven games this season, rushing for 148 yards and three touchdowns. He threw just seven passes this season.
Gatewood lost the starting job to freshman Bo Nix before the season began. Gatewood appeared in limited action through the first eight games of the season before departing following the LSU game Oct. 26.
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- New York woman arrested 3 times in 1 day
- Alabama unemployment rate unchanged at 2.7%
- 2021 World Games counting down to Opening Day Ceremony at Legion Field
- Family of fallen soldier going to Super Bowl thanks to 49ers’ George Kittle