BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Many professional athletes have lent a helping hand to those in need during the coronavirus outbreak, that includes Birmingham-native Quinnen Williams.
According to a post from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the former Alabama star donated $25,000 worth of healthy meals to New Jersey health care workers on the front lines battling COVID-19.
Williams, a graduate of Wenonah High School, was an All-American defensive lineman for the University of Alabama in 2018. Williams was the third overall pick the 2019 NFL Draft to the New York Jets, where he started nine games last season.
- That’s no Boeing 727, that’s a Louisiana man’s man cave
- Is Rory McIlroy Back? Tyler gets drilled by a golf ball, Predictions for AT&T Byron Nelson
- Nick’s Kids Foundation and Habitat for Humanity team up to build 18th National Championship house
- Gov. Ivey says don’t overreact, there’s no gas shortage in Alabama
- Missing Child Alert issued for 1-month-old from Montgomery