BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) — LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron offered his heartfelt condolences on the passing of UL Lafayette assistant football coach D.J. Looney, who died Saturday following a heart attack during a team workout at Cajun Field.
“Our prayers are with Coach Looney’s family and the Ragin Cajun Football team. He will be missed. God bless.”
Our prayers are with Coach Looney’s family and the Ragin Cajun Football team. He will be missed. God bless— Coach Ed Orgeron (@Coach_EdOrgeron) August 1, 2020
Looney was confirmed dead at University Hospital & Clinics, which is located across the street from Cajun Field. He was 31 years old.
- Birmingham Legion FC Raises $8,800 For Civil Rights Institute
- Sports bars brace for possible losses if 2020 football season is canceled
- Back to school: Lawmakers debate safest options for students, teachers as schools prepare to reopen
- Hotel owners concerned about football season in Tuscaloosa
- 100 arrested after night of looting in downtown Chicago; 13 police injured