BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Starting at 2 p.m. April 25, CBS 42 will be replaying two college football national championships back to back featuring the Auburn Tigers and the Alabama Crimson Tide.
The first game will be the 2011 BCS National Championship game between Auburn and Oregon, which was Cam Newton’s last game with Auburn before going to the NFL. Auburn narrowly edged out the Ducks 22-19 in the game.
The second part of the doubleheader that day will be reairing the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship game between Alabama and Georgia. This game was notable for quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s game-winning performance as a substitute for Jalen Hurts in the final minutes of the game. The Tide ended up winning 26-23 in overtime.
In between these two games, CBS 42’s sports department will air a special to highlight and relive some of the best highlights from these games.
- BREAKING: 1 officer shot, taken to hospital; chief confirms
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate from North Alabama
- 7 ADOC employees test positive for COVID-19 in latest update
- Hale County courthouse closed after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020