BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Legion FC will be hosting the 2018 MLS Cup Champion Atlanta United FC this coming February.
The match will kickstart the season for the Legion. The match is set for Feb. 8, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. CT.
“This will be the biggest soccer event in Birmingham since the 1996 Olympics and the U.S. Women’s National Team game in 2015,” said Legion FC President and General Manager Jay Heaps. “Atlanta United has ranked in the top 10 in the world for attendance and have proven to be a top tier MLS Club. We are honored they are coming to the Magic City to play us on our home field.”
Season ticket holders will have exclusive access for the match and get priority for purchasing tickets closer to the event. For more information and to purchase tickets, click here.
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- New York woman arrested 3 times in 1 day
- Alabama unemployment rate unchanged at 2.7%
- 2021 World Games counting down to Opening Day Ceremony at Legion Field
- Family of fallen soldier going to Super Bowl thanks to 49ers’ George Kittle