BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — For one summer in the mid-90s, Michael Jordan made Birmingham the epicenter of the sports world.
Nearly 30 years later, Jordan is again dominating headlines thanks to “The Last Dance,” the ESPN documentary series chronicling the basketball icon’s last year with the Chicago Bulls.
On Monday, longtime Birmingham Barons broadcaster Curt Bloom sat down with CBS 42 to reminisce about the summer “His Airness” called Birmingham home and his time with the team.
- Alabama EMA, state troopers ready for latest tropical storm
- Bear euthanized after sleeping teen attacked in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- United Airlines to update dress code for flight attendants, relax rules on tattoos, makeup, nose piercings
- 2 charged with drug trafficking, intent to distribute in Tuscaloosa County
- Photos: Large group of stingrays visits South Carolina harbor