BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Bessemer City High School is looking for a new head football coach.
According to the Alabama Department of Education website, the job opening was posted on Feb. 5, just eight months after former Alabama quarterback Andrew Zow was hired to lead the Purple Tigers’ program.
Zow led Bessemer City to an 8-3 record in 2019 and a second place finish in 6A Region Region 4. The Purple Tigers lost to Wetumpka in the first round of the AHSAA playoffs.
Prior to taking over at Bessemer City, Zow served as the head football coach at Calera.
When reached for comment, Zow did not elaborate on the situation, saying he was out of the country. Bessemer City Schools has not provided a comment.
This story will be updated.
- City of Bessemer extending curfew
- Bessemer Marines return home from year-long deployment; sergeant meets son for first time
- Tropical Storm Cristobal Closing in on Louisiana
- Running for change in Vestavia Hills
- BPD investigating homicide after person found unresponsive on Jefferson Avenue