BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Bessemer City High School is looking for a new head football coach.
According to the Alabama Department of Education website, the job opening was posted on Feb. 5, just eight months after former Alabama quarterback Andrew Zow was hired to lead the Purple Tigers’ program.
Zow led Bessemer City to an 8-3 record in 2019 and a second place finish in 6A Region Region 4. The Purple Tigers lost to Wetumpka in the first round of the AHSAA playoffs.
Prior to taking over at Bessemer City, Zow served as the head football coach at Calera.
When reached for comment, Zow did not elaborate on the situation, saying he was out of the country. Bessemer City Schools has not provided a comment.
This story will be updated.
- Large house fire underway, Brighton Fire Department working to extinguish flames
- Central AL Forecast: Slightly warmer, still cool to wrap up the month
- As coronavirus spreads, surgical masks run short throughout Birmingham
- Bart Starr Jr. speaks up for death row inmate facing execution
- Relatives sue Alabama prisons over 4 inmate suicides