AUBURN, Ala. (WIAT) — As the Auburn University football team returns for voluntary workouts, three players have tested positive for COVID-19.
Players returned to campus last Thursday recently took the COVID-19 test. Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said if players test positive for the virus, they are moved to another dorm and follow a different protocol. He also adds that the team doctor is “well on top of that.”
The three players are currently isolating themselves from the rest of the team.
Auburn is not the only college team to have players test positive for coronavirus. Earlier, five University of Alabama players test positive for the virus.
- Activists rush to preserve artifacts of the modern civil rights movement
- Fire damages home of TV host Rachael Ray
- Person found dead inside car along I-65 in Birmingham
- Widespread damage reported in downtown Chicago after night of looting
- Birmingham firefighters extinguish fire in abandoned building Sunday