(AP) — A lawsuit filed against DePaul accuses the school of covering up allegations made against former softball coach Eugene Lenti.
The lawsuit claims he punched an assistant in the face and verbally harassed his players. The private school in Chicago is also accused of violating college rules for failing to report complaints made against Lenti, who is now an assistant at Auburn.
He hung up when contacted by The Associated Press. The suit was filed by sports psychologist Jenny Conviser, who said her contract with DePaul was terminated after she raised concerns about Lenti’s behavior.
- Min wage provision threatens success of COVID relief bill
- Police chief warns militia groups ‘want to blow up’ Capitol during State of the Union
- Olympics gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges
- ‘I just want to be an average human’: 13-year-old science lover who lost his mom looking for a new family
- Olympic gymnastics coach John Geddert dies by suicide following human trafficking, sexual assault charges