OPELIKA, Ala. (WIAT) — This Memorial Day, friends and family also remembered the death of Rod Bramblett, a sportscaster and the “Voice of the Auburn Tigers,” as well as his wife, Paula.
It has been one year since the Brambletts were killed in a car crash caused by Johnston Taylor, 17, slammed into the back of the their SUV on May 25, 2019, according to an investigators report. Taylor was 16 years old at the time and is being charged as an adult with two counts of reckless manslaughter.
Police say he was speeding and under the influence of marijuana at the time of the crash. At this time, he is under house arrest.
- Authorities searching for missing Irondale woman
- National Voter Registration Day: How to register to vote in Alabama
- Second arrest made in Alabaster shooting that killed man, seriously injured woman
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- White House press secretary holds briefing