OPELIKA, Ala. (WIAT) — This Memorial Day, friends and family also remembered the death of Rod Bramblett, a sportscaster and the “Voice of the Auburn Tigers,” as well as his wife, Paula.
It has been one year since the Brambletts were killed in a car crash caused by Johnston Taylor, 17, slammed into the back of the their SUV on May 25, 2019, according to an investigators report. Taylor was 16 years old at the time and is being charged as an adult with two counts of reckless manslaughter.
Police say he was speeding and under the influence of marijuana at the time of the crash. At this time, he is under house arrest.
- LIVE: Family says human remains found in Texas are missing soldier
- COVID-19 event cancellations cause Alabama, Lyric theaters to look for other ways to keep the lights on
- CBS 42 Cares: Your Source of Information for Local Organizations and Events in Central Alabama That You Can Support
- WATCH: Senator Doug Jones, Montgomery Mayor Reed to provide updates about COVID-19 crisis
- Our Lady of Sorrows Fourth of July Festival adapting during pandemic