TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — A University of Alabama basketball player was arrested and charged for public intoxication after he was found early Friday morning walking.
The Tuscaloosa Police Department reports that Alex Reese, 20, of Tuscaloosa, a player for the University of Alabama men’s basketball team, was found walking down Lurleen Wallace Boulevard and Stillman Boulevard around 3:30 a.m. Friday.
Officers determined that Reese was under the influence of alcohol and was considered “a danger to himself.”
Officers arrested Reese and charged him with public intoxication. Reese was placed in the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a pending $300 bond.
- Stars of ‘Contagion’ reunite to offer coronavirus advice
- Police: 3 men shot at motorcycle club in Alabama
- Crying babies go head to head in the “Baby Sadness” bracket
- Accused drunk driver also charged with violating Indiana’s stay-at-home order
- California teen, whose death was initially tied to COVID-19, died after being denied treatment