Alabama coach Nick Saban acknowledged there were discussions about the possibility of moving the national championship game back because of COVID-19 issues.
The Associated Press and others have reported that Ohio State had spoken with CFP officials about possible player availability problems that could force the game to be delayed from its scheduled Monday night story at Hard Rock Stadium in suburban Miami.
Saban said Thursday, “There were discussions as to whether it was fair to continue or to move the game back and all that.” The game is currently scheduled to be played on Monday.
- Catching up with Cameron Brate ahead of playoff matchup with Saints
- Hawaii security guard bikes miles to return lost wallet, community buys him new car
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Third stimulus check: Here’s when you might get a $1,400 direct payment
- Newsfeed Now: Impeachment heading to the Senate, dog reunited with owners 12 years later