A replay of the College Football Playoff National Championship head coaches news conference is available in the player above.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — After much speculation all week that Monday’s national championship between Alabama and Ohio State would be postponed, both schools have confirmed the game is officially on after the final COVID-19 test results were all clear.
The Crimson Tide plan left for Miami at 4:45 p.m. CT Friday with the Buckeyes following on Saturday evening.
The College Football Playoff National Championship game will kick off at 7 p.m. in Miami’s Hard Rock Stadium on Monday night.
The CBS 42 Sports Team is covered all angles of the matchup in Friday evening’s “Road To The National Championship” special.
WATCH: “Road to the 2021 National Championship”
Alabama goes in with some potential distraction. Offensive Coordinator Steve Sarkisian is taking the head coaching job at Texas and will coach in one final game. However, this is nothing new for the Tide. In the special, we take a look at recent championship games where a coordinator was leaving for a new job and how Alabama fared in those games.
We also take an in-depth look at both teams’ 2020 season leading up to this game, including the semifinal matchups from Jan. 1.
Check back for updates leading up to Monday’s title game.
- Hawaii security guard bikes miles to return lost wallet, community buys him new car
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Third stimulus check: Here’s when you might get a $1,400 direct payment
- Newsfeed Now: Impeachment heading to the Senate, dog reunited with owners 12 years later
- I-65 shut down in Cullman County