The coronavirus makes it easier than ever for Alabama coach Nick Saban to dismiss a midseason No. 1 ranking.
The Crimson Tide vaulted to the top after an open date when No. 2 Notre Dame knocked off Clemson, which was playing without quarterback Trevor Lawrence. Even though Alabama’s remaining regular season schedule doesn’t seem particularly daunting, it’s still the season of COVID-19 with top teams like No. 3 Ohio State just getting started.
The Tide is scheduled to visit LSU this weekend.
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- Harvard physicist: ‘Serious possibility’ alien spacecraft visited solar system
- 24-pound cat looking for an adoptive family, workout partner
- Inauguration prop bets: How long will Biden’s address last?
- Central AL Forecast: Gray sky and drizzle tomorrow; More rain Thursday/Friday