TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Jahvon Quinerly came to Tuscaloosa looking for a fresh start after a lost freshman season at Villanova.
Per NCAA rules, athletes must sit out a season after transferring — but if the NCAA granted his waiver request, the former five-star recruit could have played for Alabama this year.
The ruling came down Friday, just a few hours after first-year coach Nate Oats told reporters he hadn’t heard anything from the NCAA regarding the decision.
- Body found at apartment complex in Tuscaloosa, foul play is suspected
- Ohio felon accused of using Kool-Aid packet to ring up $994 in charges at Florida Walmart
- 3 employees at Cullman County School Board test positive for COVID-19
- Good grief! ‘It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown’ no longer on TV
- Let’s Talk Law – Detergent Pods