TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Alabama basketball’s 2020 recruiting class just got even better.
The Crimson Tide picked up a verbal commitment from five-star guard Joshua Primo. The 6-foot-5 Toronto-native chose Alabama over offers from Creighton and many major D-1 offers. Primo announced his decision on this Twitter account Friday morning.
“Josh is a 6”6 versatile guard who really has no holes in his game. He shoots it at a high level, is an elite passer, and great athlete. He will make a major impact on whatever program he chooses. Josh is an immediate impact guy at the highest level,” one scout told CBS 42 Sports.
Primo currently ranks No. 27 overall and No. 7 combo guard in the 2020 class, according to 24/7 Sports. Primo is the second prospect to commit to Alabama, joining fellow Canadian Keon Ambrose-Hylton.
- Authorities searching for escaped inmate from North Alabama
- 7 ADOC employees test positive for COVID-19 in latest update
- Hale County courthouse closed after worker tests positive for COVID-19
- U.S. farmers just can’t catch a break in 2020
- 2 teens arrested in attempted burglary of gun store