(WIAT) — We’re taking a deeper dive into preparations for the peak season for hurricanes and tropical storms in Alabama. Facing the continued threat of COVID-19 during potential evacuations, many towns and cities may have to stretch their resources to keep residents safe. Join us as we take a look at some of the most damaging hurricanes in Alabama and the lessons we’ve learned. Are you hurricane ready? Find out in our special report. Watch each segment below.
The CBS 42 Morning News with Art Franklin
Hurricane Michael’s impact on farming in Alabama’s Wiregrass region by CBS 42 Meteorologist Griffin Hardy
The CBS 42 News at Noon
Alabama and the historic hurricanes that have swept across its coast by CBS 42 Chief Meteorologist Ashley Gann
Digital Exclusive: Alabama Tropical Weather Round Table hosted by CBS 42 Chief Meteorologist Ashley Gann, joined by meteorologists from across the state (WATCH ABOVE)
The CBS 42 News at 6 p.m.
Storm chasing on the hurricane front lines by CBS 42 Meteorologist Michael Haynes
THE LATEST ON TRACKING THE TROPICS
- Tracking the Tropics: Hurricane hacks you should know before storms come your way
- Tracking The Tropics: The Atlantic Basin has become quiet for now
- Central AL Forecast: Mostly sunny, warm and less humid today
- Central AL Forecast: Cool Night Ahead!
- Tracking The Tropics: Tropical Storm Claudette heads into the Atlantic Ocean off North Carolina Today