BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Has the roadwork in downtown Birmingham been driving you crazy? Well, at least some of your traffic-related headaches will be coming to an end. After having been closed for a year, the I-59/20 bridge is slated to be fully open by the end of the weekend. Monday, we’re taking a deeper dive into the completion of the bridge. In our newscasts, we’ll take a look at the project’s impact on drivers and the economy to determine…was it worth it?
Below are the special reports. Come back to read and watch each story after it has aired.
- Breast oncologist breaks down myths, prevention and tell-tale signs
- Hotels feeling the impact from COVID-19
- AL health officials: Fall weather, activities factors in COVID-19 trends
- Tracking The Tropics: Epsilon now the 10th Hurricane of 2020
- Alabama National Guard trains for possible civil unrest following election day