BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Has the roadwork in downtown Birmingham been driving you crazy? Well, at least some of your traffic-related headaches will be coming to an end. After having been closed for a year, the I-59/20 bridge is slated to be fully open by the end of the weekend. Monday, we’re taking a deeper dive into the completion of the bridge. In our newscasts, we’ll take a look at the project’s impact on drivers and the economy to determine…was it worth it?
Below are the special reports. Come back to read and watch each story after it has aired.
- BPD: Man stabbed during robbery, suspect not in custody
- Oak Mountain Eagles are going to the Final Four of AHSAA for first time in school history
- IRS offers tips to protect yourself from tax time scammers
- Gov. Ivey issues State of Emergency due to flooding
- Alabama Finishes in Fourth Place at Puerto Rico Classic