BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Has the roadwork in downtown Birmingham been driving you crazy? Well, at least some of your traffic-related headaches will be coming to an end. After having been closed for a year, the I-59/20 bridge is slated to be fully open by the end of the weekend. Monday, we’re taking a deeper dive into the completion of the bridge. In our newscasts, we’ll take a look at the project’s impact on drivers and the economy to determine…was it worth it?
Below are the special reports. Come back to read and watch each story after it has aired.
- City of Bessemer extending curfew
- Bessemer Marines return home from year-long deployment; sergeant meets son for first time
- Tropical Storm Cristobal Closing in on Louisiana
- Running for change in Vestavia Hills
- BPD investigating homicide after person found unresponsive on Jefferson Avenue