BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Has the roadwork in downtown Birmingham been driving you crazy? Well, at least some of your traffic-related headaches will be coming to an end. After having been closed for a year, the I-59/20 bridge is slated to be fully open by the end of the weekend. Monday, we’re taking a deeper dive into the completion of the bridge. In our newscasts, we’ll take a look at the project’s impact on drivers and the economy to determine…was it worth it?
Below are the special reports. Come back to read and watch each story after it has aired.
- Ohio man accused of flicking blood on family, threatening to inject them with mercury
- Gospel artist James Fortune calls Birmingham home
- Dolly Parton voices support for Black Lives Matter movement
- Police: Murder of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death
- Cohen’s book foreword: Trump ‘wouldn’t mind if I was dead’