(WIAT) — We’re taking a deep dive into what you need to know about what the upcoming school year will look like during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. With more than 80,000 cases and 1,400 deaths in Alabama, concerns about sending kids back to school and off to college are mounting. From classroom safety to remote learning to sports—2020 is undeniably going to be a challenging year for education. Check back Thursday for segments from our all-day special in which we tackle your biggest questions surrounding our communities’ “Back to School” plan.
The CBS 42 News at Noon
School athletics during the COVID-19 pandemic by Drew Carter
The CBS 42 News at 6 p.m.
Not going ‘back to school:’ Exploring remote learning by Jack Royer
- Virginia man shares experiences of life in Japan during the pandemic
- Conservative talk show host Phil Valentine hospitalized with COVID; family urges others to get vaccinated
- With rising cases, experts in Alabama urge healthcare workers to get vaccinated
- Bring the pain: Olympic swimming begins with grueling 400 IM
- Surging coronavirus cases in Tuscaloosa cause concern about large concert crowds