(WIAT) — We’re taking a deep dive into what you need to know about what the upcoming school year will look like during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. With more than 80,000 cases and 1,400 deaths in Alabama, concerns about sending kids back to school and off to college are mounting. From classroom safety to remote learning to sports—2020 is undeniably going to be a challenging year for education. Check back Thursday for segments from our all-day special in which we tackle your biggest questions surrounding our communities’ “Back to School” plan.
The CBS 42 News at Noon
School athletics during the COVID-19 pandemic by Drew Carter
The CBS 42 News at 6 p.m.
Not going ‘back to school:’ Exploring remote learning by Jack Royer
- UAB doctor: ‘We are seeing the highest number of patients I have ever taken care of in my 10 years of being a hospitalist’
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- 15-year-old girl who beat cancer last summer dies of COVID-19
- Ghislaine Maxwell in COVID quarantine after prison staffer gets virus