(WIAT) — We’re taking a deep dive into what you need to know about what the upcoming school year will look like during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. With more than 80,000 cases and 1,400 deaths in Alabama, concerns about sending kids back to school and off to college are mounting. From classroom safety to remote learning to sports—2020 is undeniably going to be a challenging year for education. Check back Thursday for segments from our all-day special in which we tackle your biggest questions surrounding our communities’ “Back to School” plan.
The CBS 42 News at Noon
School athletics during the COVID-19 pandemic by Drew Carter
The CBS 42 News at 6 p.m.
Not going ‘back to school:’ Exploring remote learning by Jack Royer
- 19-year-old arrested after drugs, AR-15 found during traffic stop
- CDC says people who recover from COVID-19 are protected up to 3 months
- 2 domestic violence deaths being investigated in Oxford
- Birmingham Police Department reinstates bike patrols in downtown area
- St. Clair County police searching for two missing boys