LEE COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — Court documents reveal that Tuesday, the District Judge Russell K. Bush signed an order to set a hearing date for the motion to intervene and lift the gag order placed on the Aniah Blanchard case.
The date for the hearing is set for Dec. 4, 2019.
CBS 42, along with several other media outlets, filed a motion earlier in November to have the gag order lifted on the case.
The gag order prohibits the legal team for suspect Ibraheem Yazeed from sharing details of the case. News outlets reported that during Yazeed’s first court hearing Nov. 10, reporters were not allowed to attend the hearing, one that is typically open to the public.
- ‘You’re not invincible’: a warning from a 28-year-old COVID-19 survivor
- Alabama agrees to play 3 games with Tigers, 2 in Memphis
- Skull found at Michigan home of man killed in Tennessee officer-involved shooting
- Ohio hospital fires nurse who was caught on camera yelling racial slur
- Chilton County records system affected by Ransomware attack