BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — We are now hearing from the father of Homewood native Aniah Blanchard.
Her father, Elijah Blanchard, posted a message on Facebook mourning the loss of his daughter.
It reads in part, “I have so many thoughts going through my mind. I am hurting so bad, I really don’t know what to do. I have never felt pain such as this. I am asking for prayer. I can seem to understand why my own daughter, I can’t understand.“
- Community calls for change after Galleria shooting claims life of 8-year-old boy
- WATCH: Fabulous Fourth of July Fireworks
- Protesters demand end to police brutality in Hoover
- Waterbury Christopher Columbus statue vandalized, beheaded
- 1 dead after drowning on Lake Martin