ATHENS, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for a wreck that killed her son.
Limestone County Circuit Judge Chad Wise imposed the sentence on 43-year-old Christina Marie Beck of Decatur during a hearing Friday.
The Athens-News Courier reports that prosecutor Brian C.T. Jones says Beck won’t be eligible for parole.
Beck was convicted of reckless manslaughter in August in a crash that killed her 5-year-old son Eli in 2016.
Evidence showed the woman was under the influence of alcohol and marijuana at the time of the wreck. She was driving a rental car when she crossed a bridge in the rain and slid into the path of an oncoming utility van.
Beck was seriously injured in the wreck but recovered.
- Candy factory giveaway: Willy Wonka-like ‘golden ticket’ search begins this week
- Colony of wild monkeys living among human population in South Florida city
- Spooky show carries on at Pennsylvania home’s annual Halloween lights show
- Alabama Butterbean Festival kicks off Friday
- National Coffee Day: Freebies and deals from Dunkin, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and more