PARKLAND, Fla. (AP) — A Florida animal trapper says he corralled a large alligator by playing with it until it got tired after it hopped into a residential swimming pool.
Celebrity trapper Paul Bedard, who is contracted with the state’s nuisance alligator program, said Thursday that he was dispatched to a house in Parkland, Florida.
Bedard said he was able to pull the nearly 9-foot (2.7-meter) animal out of the water once it grew tired from playing with him in the pool on Wednesday. He put a snare on its mouth and taped it.
He described the reptile as “mellow” and named it Cool Hand Luke after the 1967 film starring Paul Newman.
Bedard said the alligator weighed 185 pounds.
Bedard starred in Animal Planet’s reality show “Gator Boys.
- Birmingham city leaders and Health professionals call for more COVID-19 testing in JeffCo.
- ‘He hasn’t shown any interest in doing the work’ – Obama denounces Trump on campaign trail
- ‘Text to 911’ system now available in Tuscaloosa County
- Women voters say pandemic, healthcare and economy are key issues
- Man splits $5M jackpot … with himself after accidentally buying 2 tickets