SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. (AP) — Police officers in the mountains north of Santa Cruz responded to a suspicious figure in a roadway early Thursday and found Bigfoot.
“He was a little banged up but will be returned to his rightful place at the Bigfoot Discovery Museum,” the Scotts Valley Police Department said in a Facebook post.
The Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office had urged people to keep their eyes peeled for the 4-foot-tall (1.2 meters) wooden statue after it was stolen from outside the tiny museum in nearby Felton on Monday.
The museum dedicated to the mythical forest creature is outside Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park. It is temporarily closed due to COVID-19.
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing
- US recommends pause on Johnson & Johnson vaccine use over blood clots
- Suspect taken into custody after police chase ends in Trafford
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday
- 2 teens arrested in Selma shootout that killed 3rd teen