EL PASO, TEXAS (CNN) — Border officials busted a driver trying to smuggle contraband in from México.
Officials questioned a man at a crossing in El Paso after noticing red rolls behind his seat.
Apparently, the man knew he was not allowed to bring in products containing pork because he lied and said it was turkey ham.
That would have been allowed, but pork is forbidden because it can introduce disease to the domestic pork industry.
The suspect obviously was not transporting the meat just for personal consumption officers seized 14 rolls of it weighing 154 pounds.
A press release from the customs and border protection office says the Mexican bologna was then destroyed though it’s not exactly clear how.
As for the driver, they let him go, so he’s got something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!
- Saluting veterans and frontline workers on Memorial Day
- 1 year since the death of Auburn’s voice of the Tigers, Rod, and wife Paula Bramblett
- Memorial Day: Why we remember
- President Trump, Sessions engage in heated Twitter war
- Alabama unemployment system glitches cause claims issue