ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (6/8): The two suspects accused of killing Moody PD Lt. Stephen Williams will have their next day in court June 25, according to court documents.
7-year-old Tapero Corlene Johnson and 28-year-old Marquisha Anissa Tyson are accused of killing Lt. Williams at a Super 8 Motel last week. Both are being held in prison without bond.
ORIGINAL (6/5): The St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement officials announced the identities and charges against two suspects accused of killing Moody Police Sgt. Stephen Williams Tuesday night.
The 23-year police veteran was called to the Super 8 Motel for a disturbance in Moody, when both a man and woman shot aimlessly with multiple weapons at Williams injuring him.
According to the St. Clair District Attorney, 27-year-old Tapero Corlene Johnson and 28-year-old Marquisha Anissa Tyson have been charged with capital murder and are currently in custody.
Authorities say that this is still an “ongoing, complex and intense” investigation.
Moody Police Chief Thomas Hunt did announce that Sgt. Williams has been posthumously promoted to the rank of lieutenant. He will now be referred to as Lt. Stephen Williams.
- It’s race week at Talladega Superspeedway
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Woman crushed to death by heavy machinery on California beach
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize