PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — Video sent to WKRG News 5 appears to show protestors blocking 3 Mile Bridge in Pensacola. A vehicle can be seen driving through the protestors, and one of them riding on the hood of the vehicle, hanging on as it crosses the bridge.
The Pensacola Police Department says protestors from Graffiti Bridge entered the intersection of 17th Avenue and Bayfront Parkway this afternoon. The driver of the vehicle was headed southbound, attempting to cross the Pensacola Bay Bridge into Gulf Breeze.
As the protesters blocked the roadway, the driver inched forward at a slow rate of speed. Protesters approached the car and one jumped onto the hood of a vehicle, PPD said. The protester rode on the car all the way over the bridge into Gulf Breeze. The vehicle was stopped by the Gulf Breeze Police Department. It’s still an active investigation.
WKRG News 5 has a crew on the way and will keep you posted.
- Second stimulus check: Lawmakers hope to provide relief to lower-income Americans
- US legislators from Virginia want to give refurbished government computers to veterans and students
- ‘Fintastic’ news: Baby Shark Mac and Cheese coming to Walmart
- Pres. Trump to hold Tuesday Rose Garden briefing
- Cullman County coroner looking for family of man killed in car crash